I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season! Brian and I had a lovely Christmas and we celebrated each other’s birthdays together (his is 12/22 and mine 12/28). Unfortunately, I am on ER call this Holiday season so no travel to NY or Pittsburgh, but I did Facetime with my Gram and family. THAT was Entertaining! I’m excited to share with you some very exciting news! I know we all have goals for 2017 so…..what if I told you that we just came up with a way to make sure you have EVERYTHING (and more) you need to get those health and fitness results?! Think Netflix of Fitness!
I’m so AMAZED at the offer that Team Beachbody just released, it’s such a good deal, I still can’t believe it! EVERYONE will now be able to get a 12-Month ALL ACCESS PASS to Beachbody on Demand at an incredibly special price of $199 for a LIMITED TIME – so NOW is the time! Wondering what the “all access pass” means?! Well, let me just lay it out for you…
YOU LITERALLY GET EVERY SINGLE BEACHBODY FITNESS PROGRAM EVER MADE!!!! That’s seriously over $6,000 worth of fitness programs! Crazy right?! I promise I’m not yelling at you, as though it might seem, it’s just such a good deal for you that I can’t contain my excitement and what it means for you and your goals. The best part is, this is for an ENTIRE year AND—-there’s more! Watch this short video, and read on for full details! If you already have Beachbody ON Demand – Contact me and I can give you details on how to upgrade and/or convert to challenge pack (to save you even more money!).
Watch this to see why I’m so excited about the BOD All Access Pass!
Do not forget about the Team Beachbody Health Bet! Win Free Money for Getting Fit!
Beachbody is offering another Health Bet Challenge with a $2-$3 million pot evenly divided among successful challengers January 9 – February 5, 2017! You GET PAID to get healthy! All you have to do is drink Shakeology 5 days a week and exercise 3 days a week, plus log it into the Beachbody Challenge Tracker App. I’m setting up a special App group just for this challenge, so contact me to get added to the challenge app! To repeat: you will get an equal share of the money if you stay consistent with Shakeology, exercising and posting accountability all 4 weeks! When Beachbody held this event back in September, 75% of participants reported that they MET THEIR FITNESS GOAL! If you need Shakeology, contact me IMMEDIATELY so you get it in time to join the Health Bet! I have samples I can send you while you wait for yours.
Here’s What You Get With the BOD One Year All-Inclusive Membership!
IMMEDIATE access to EVERY new program release during your yearly membership (2017 is estimated to have 4-5….you get those for free as soon as they release! No waiting, no extra purchasing…it’s just accessible in your account!)
Portion Fix Containers
30 Days of Shakeology (This is 30 meals of the most nutritious meal replacement shake on the market!)
10% discount off everything you buy from Team Beachbody in the future including Shakeology
Access to Autumn Calabrese’s healthy lifestyle cooking show
Online Accountability and Support in my private Facebook group
Is your mind blown yet?! I mean, think about it, that’s IMAX:30, 21 Day Fix, Piyo, P90X, Core de Force, Country Heat, T25, Hammer & Chisel, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Cize, okay…..I’ll stop there but you get the point! $6,000 worth of personal training available to you–your own personal trainer streaming wherever and whenever you want!
12 Tips to Getting Eating and Exercise Back on Track
Vanilla Chai Shakeology Recipe
Clean Turkey Zoodle Soup Recipe
12 Tips for Getting Your Eating and Exercise Plan Back on Track
You may think that as a lifestyle coach I have it all figured out and I live in some kind of fitness bubble where healthy eating and exercise come easy to me. They don’t. I struggle just like everyone else, and I’m ready to start fresh after the holidays, too.
This is how to get back on track.
1) Get back to basics – If you have already lost some weight, then it can be easy to feel a little complacent. Start tracking again, count your daily glasses of water, go for a walk (even if you don’t do any other workouts), just start again.
2) Do what worked for you in the past – For me this means focusing on my nutrition. Have you heard the expression, “You can’t out-exercise a bad diet”? It’s 100% true. When I track what I’m eating through apps like My Fitness Pal and/or use Beachbody’s color coded food container system, that’s when I get results. I can exercise faithfully, but without clean eating and portion control, it’s just not enough.
3) Take it one day at a time – A sudden and complete lifestyle overhaul can be overwhelming and lead to quitting. Take each day as it comes and continue to make small changes. Do not fall into the “all or nothing” trap. When you slip up, start again and keep moving forward.
4) Work on filling half your plate with vegetables each meal – Not only are veggies healthy, but they are filling, too, so fill half your plate with them.
5) Increase your exercise as you go – If you can’t keep up with a workout routine, follow the modifier, or do as much as you can. Any exercise is better than none, and you will be surprised by how quickly your endurance builds and you can complete the whole workout.
6) Try some new recipes – It’s hard to stick to healthy eating if you are not excited about the meals you have planned. Look online, look through recipe books and magazines and make something new.
7) Remember that food is not the enemy – Stop giving food all the power. If you struggle to give up a certain food, work a small serving into your plan once in a while. Getting healthy and losing weight are about creating a healthy relationship with food.
8) Be positive – This includes how you talk to and about yourself. You may want to change the way your body looks, but constantly saying negative things about yourself is not going to help. Appreciate your body as you work on changing it to make it healthier.
9) Remind yourself of how you feel when you’re not on track – When I am eating junk and skipping my workouts, I feel like crap. If you are struggling to get back in to a routine, then remember that feeling and know that you don’t want to feel like that anymore.
10) Plan, Prepare, Schedule – The saying goes, “fail to plan and you plan to fail.” Sometimes you can get by without planning, but planning helps me stay on track. Plan out a realistic workout schedule (especially if you’re pressed for time) and stick to it. Schedule in workouts like you would a meeting and don’t back out. Plan your meals for the week and do an hour of food preparation on a Sunday to save yourself a lot of time and stay on track. Keep some cut up veggies and grab-and-go fruit like apples and bananas around, too.
11) Get some support – Let your friends and family know that you are back to being healthy and that you would appreciate their support. Chances are you will know someone that is wanting to get healthy, too. So support each other, go for walks together, and motivate each other. I am always here for you with support groups and any form of help you need, so message me anytime!
12) Just suck it up and get on with it – sorry for the tough love! Yes, you may have gained some weight and stopped exercising, and it is so much easier to just sit back and do nothing, but if you want to feel good and be healthy, you just have to get on with it. There is no magic solution. We to put in the effort – and it is so worth it when you do!
I’m in this with you, committing to make 2017 my fittest year yet. Are you with me? We’ve got this.
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
1 cup brewed Chai tea, cooled
1 tsp. raw honey
1 dash ground allspice
½ cup ice (add more to taste)
Place brewed tea, honey, allspice, Shakeology, and ice in blender. Blend until smooth.
Clean Turkey Zoodle Soup
Like chicken noodle soup, but better.
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 cup chopped celery
optional: 1 clove garlic or shallot, minced
2 cups freshly made Zucchini Noodles*
1 cup chopped carrots
6 cups free-range, prepared chicken broth, or vegetable broth
3 bay leaves (flavors broth; remove before eating)
1 lb. precooked & diced turkey or chicken breast
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
*Make perfect zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) with a spiralizer! Check the kitchen section of your local store, or purchase online.
In a large stock pot, heat oil over med-high heat.
Cook onion & celery for about 3 minutes, then add garlic & zucchini noodles, toss/stir consistently for 2-3 minutes, then remove all cooked veggies from the pot and set them aside.
Pour all remaining ingredients into the stock pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, covered, until carrots are soft.
Turn off heat.
Add cooked veggies/noodles mixture to the stock pot.
Let noodles heat through in the soup for about 2-3 minutes before serving.
This soup is even more delicious the next day! Source: skinnytaste.com