Roasted Garlic and Tomato Lentil Salad
I saw this roasted garlic and tomato lentil salad recipe on Cooking Quinoa and had to share! It is a yummy way to get some extra protein in with some good healthy carbs.
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Lentil Salad – Ingredients
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil, divided
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green lentils
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Lentil Salad – Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut top of garlic head and place in foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and close foil around garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes and onion in a single layer and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place garlic and tomato mixture in a preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly shriveled.
- Carefully open garlic and allow to cool. Gently press cloves from garlic head and place in a small bowl, breaking garlic into smaller pieces with the back of a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, red onion, celery, red pepper to the bowl
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and crushed pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in salt and paper to taste. Toss with lentil mixture and serve.
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Lentil Salad – Nutrition
Servings 4, Serving Size 175 grams, Calories 289, Fat 11g, Carbohydrates 37g, Protein 13g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 613mg, Potassium 473mg, Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g
I hope you enjoy this roasted garlic and tomato lentil salad, please share away!