Sneaky Veggie Breakfast Bites
Check out this great healthy breakfast idea! It is awesome way to get your kids to eat some veggies! 🙂 Because I know how easy that can be!
Sneaky Veggie Breakfast Bites from CookingQuinoa.net
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded zucchini (use a box grater)
¼ cup (5-6) yellow (or red) grape tomatoes, quartered
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed rosemary
+/- teaspoon pepper
1. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan very well with nonstick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool.
4. Prepare veggies by grating zucchini and quartering grape tomatoes.
5. In large measuring cup with spout, whisk together eggs. Stir in quinoa until evenly mixed.
6. Add remaining ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
7. Carefully pour evenly into 20 of the muffin tins, careful not to overfill (they won’t expand much, but just a little).
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing muffins to a cooling rack.
**Place cooled muffins in freezer bag if desired and place in freezer.**
To heat: defrost in microwave for about 1 minute and then cook on high for 30 seconds or until heated through.
Please let me know how you enjoyed these Sneaky Veggie Breakfast Bites by sharing via the social medial buttons & commenting below.