July 4th Healthy Recipes
Happy 4th of July! Very thankful to be an American and thankful for all the many sacrifices people have made to keep us free. It is a time of celebration and that means food! So check out these quick July 4th healthy recipes!
July 4th Healthy Recipes – Patriotic Quinoa Salad
This yummy patriotic quinoa salad will be the hit of your Independence Day party. Who does not love fresh berries and quinoa are tossed in citrus vinaigrette.
Prep and Rest time (if applicable) 10 min
Cook Time 30 min
Total Time 40 min
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 ounces (1/4 liquid cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- juice of one medium orange (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add blueberries and diced strawberries; set bowl aside.
- To a small bowl or a blender, add oil, vinegar, orange and lime juice, honey, and mustard. Whisk or blend until combined. Pour over quinoa and vegetables and use a spoon or salad tongs to toss,
- For tastiest results, cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
July 4th Healthy Recipes – Fruit & Yogurt Festive Parfait
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh strawberry slices
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ tsp. raw honey
- Place 1/3 yogurt in a tall glass. Top with 1/3 strawberries and 1/3 blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Drizzle with honey.
July 4th Healthy Recipes – Berryworks Shakeology
This is of my favorites shakeology recipes that is perfect for July 4th! The recipe combines vanilla Shakeology with strawberries, blueberries, and milk (or a milk alternative), but you can use any flavor (chocolate, strawberry, cafe latte, etc!
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or rice milk or nonfat milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
¼ cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup fresh strawberries
1 cup ice (Use ice to thickness wanted, I tend to add more ice)
Place almond milk, Shakeology, blueberries, strawberries, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Hope you enjoy these July 4th healthy recipes which are good all year round!