Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese
Nothing better than some comfort food that tastes yummy but it actually healthy, like this Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese recipes. Even better it is 21 Day Fix approved!
Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese – Ingredients
- For the mac & cheese:
- 3 cups whole wheat Elbow Macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup cauliflower puree
- For the cauliflower puree:
- 4 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese – Instructions
- Heat a pot of water on the stove to boiling.
- Lightly salt, then cook your pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, steam your cauliflower – put a few tbs of water in the bottom of bowl, cover and cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or so.
- Once that’s done, put it in a blender with the 1/2 cup of chicken broth and blend until it’s very smooth. Should only take a minute . Measure out 1 3/4 cups of the puree.
- Once you’ve drained your pasta, put it back in the pot it just cooked in on the LOWEST heat setting
- Add the cauliflower puree, the cheeses, the broccoli and 1/2 tsp salt and stir until everything is heated through and the cheeses have melted. Salt & pepper to taste
Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese – Nutritional Info
- Serving 1 1/4 Cup
- This recipe makes 8 servings with 378 calories, 19g of protein, and 13g of fat each.
- 21 Day Fix Container: 1 1/2 Yelloe- 1/2 Green – 1/2 Blue
Let me know what you think about this Healthy Broccoli Mac & Cheese