Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I LOVE this baked stuffed sweet potatoes recipe. Brian and I had it last night. It was one of the recipes from the The Master’s Hammer and Chisel Program meal plan. I changed it a bit as far as seasoning for what I had in the house. The Master’s Hammer and Chisel program uses the same meal plan as the 21 Day Fix, with the color coded, portion control containers which makes meal plan easy and fun! This baked sweet potatoes recipe will make you feel full and doesn’t feel “healthy” at all.
This recipe is super easy to make and easy to adapt using your own spices and herbs. Plus you can even make it vegetarian. I’ll post some options below.
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Ingredients
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1.5 cups shredded chicken – already seasoned (can substitute more cooked white or black beans or crumbles of non-meat substitute (crumbled veggie burgers, tofu, setan) for the chicken to make this dish vegan/vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 dash sea salt
- pepper to taste
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bake sweet potatoes for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender. Cut sweet potatoes almost in half lengthwise.
*** In a pinch you can microwave the sweet potatoes (time depends on your microwave) ***
3. Scoop out some of the inside of the cooked sweet potato and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Add warmed chicken (or beans) to the bowl, sauteed spinach, salt, pepper, and any other spices you’d like, and mix ingredients together.
5. Scoop mixture into each sweet potato.
6. Serve immediately.
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Nutritional Info
Container equivalents per serving:
Enjoy. Drop me a comment if you make this baked stuffed sweet potatoes recipe!