When I think of thanksgiving, I immediately think if yummy sweet potatoes or yams! This is why I am super excited for this healthy Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg recipe from the beajcbody blog. It is great way to enjoy your favs without feeling guilty. Love me some healthy glazed yams with cinnamon and nutmeg!
Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Ingredients
- 2½ lbs. medium yams, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided use
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange yams in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Set aside.
- Combine orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, butter, and honey in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Pour orange juice mixture over yams; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork tender.
Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Nutritional Info
- Yield: 12 servings, 2/3 cup each
- Calories: 138
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Portion Fix Containers
- 1 Yellow
- 1 tsp.
Have a wonderful & healthy thanksgiving and I hope you enjoy this glazed yams with cinnamon and nutmeg recipe.