Eggplant Turkey Burgers
These eggplant turkey burgers are freaking AMAZING!! I may be weird, lol but I have always liked eggplant even when I didn’t eat many vegetables. Of course being Italian, I usually ate it fried covered with sauce and cheese. However, as I started making small healthy changes in my diet, I came to realize that I do actually like eggplant even when not covered with yummy not good for me yumminess. This recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner & I was esctatic when I saw it in my FIXATE cookbook. How did I NOT think of this before!! I love the 21 day fix turkey meatballs and this is another easy way to use low fat turkey. What a great idea to use eggplant as the bread for these eggplant turkey burgers!
I think I’m going to do this eggplant turkey burgers recipe all the time now. Brian may get sick of them, but knowing we are putting healthy food into our bodies is so important especially in the fast food culture we live in. Quick, Easy to make & Healthy is my mantra! I do not have time for recipes that take hours to prepare and cook and I can imagine you don’t either! One easy trick to make this eggplant turkey burgers recipe go further, is to double up or even triple the recipe for the burgers. You can freeze the extra and can make the eggplant as you go since that takes only about 5 minutes to make. Presto easy healthy eggplant turkey burgers dinner in minutes!
As I mentioned, this recipe is from the cookbook, Fixate, which goes with the 21 Day Fix super easy nutrition system. Its colored coded so so much fun too! I have helped hundreds of people lose weight and gain control of their longterm nutrition using this program. I am all about longterm solutions, NOT quick fixes. I want the clients I work with to gain a lifestyle change not just gain the weight back. One of my favorite clients has lost over 175 lbs!!
Eggplant Turkey Burgers – Ingredients
- 12 oz. raw ground 93% lean turkey breast (I love Jenny-O turkey)
- 3/4 medium onion (1/4 finely chopped, 1/2 sliced)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (like tabasco; I am NOT a huge spicy fan so used Mrs. Dash No Salt Table Blend seasoning)
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled (I didn’t peel it but you can!, sliced into 8 rounds)
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced (can used frozen peppers too)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 slices Muenster cheese (I personally used mozzarella instead)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Eggplant Turkey Burgers – Directions
- Preheat grill or broiler to high (I used my cuinart griller)
- Combine turkey, chopped onion, egg whites, parsley and hot sauce in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Grill or broil patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside and keep warm.
- Brush sliced onion, eggplant and bell peepers with oil.
- Grill or broil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Put mozzarella or cheese of choice on burger then top with peppers, onions and balsamic vinegar and place between to pieces of eggplant.
- Enjoy the healthy yumminess!
Eggplant Turkey Burger – Nutritional info
- Recipe serves 4
- 21 Day Fix Equivalents: 1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 blue
- Calories: 296 Carbs: 11 g Protein: 26 g Fat: 17 g (7 g saturated) Cholesterol: 11 g Sugars: 5 g Fiber: 5 g
How GOOD do these eggplant turkey burgers look!! If you are interested in the FIXATE cookbook which has 101 healthy easy recipes check out the info HERE.
Also contact me if you are interested in the 21 Day Fix program or want to learn more about my monthly accountability groups! Hope you enjoy these eggplant turkey burgers and please comment below your thoughts!