4 TIPS FOR A HEALTHY SUPER BOWL
4 Tips for a Healthy Super Bowl. Did you know this? Check out this graphic on how much Americans are going to eat today. Yikes!!!
Wait!! You can have FUN & be Healthy! Here are 4 tips for a healthy Super Bowl that won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on any fun!
4 Tips for a healthy super bowl
1. Work out in the morning.
If you haven’t done so yet, put on those nseakers and sweat it up! Today is a rest day for me, but I made sure to get in a brisk walk with Brian. Family time and working out = priceless. If you are snowed in indoors, do a round of the following (see image below) or just put on one of your favorite at home workout videos!
2. Eat light meals throughout the day & drink lots of water!!
Do NOT go to a Super Bowl party on an empty stomach. Think grouchy and ready to stuff your face! If you eat light meals and/or snack throughout the day, you won’t be so tempting to dive into the chip bowl. Allow yourself to fill up on fruits or vegetables before heading to your party. This is the biggest tip of 4 tips for a healthy super bowl.
3. Bringing anything to your Super Bowl party?
The best way to control how much you let yourself indulge is to bring a healthy dish to a party so you know you’ll at least have one option that is good for you (and that you know you’ll enjoy). Check out these healthy super bowl snacks!
4. Commercial breaks equal quick workout
Here are some examples of fun quick workout moves:
- Touchdown pushups: Every time the team you’re rooting for scores a touchdown, do 10 pushups. The people at your party cheering for the opposite team have to do double the pushups. <insert evil laugh>
- Commercial challenge: Every time there is a chip or beer commercial, get in a plank position for 30 seconds.
- Jumping jack challenge: See who can do the most jumping jacks in a minute!
I hope you enjoyed these 4 tips for a healthy super bowl. I would love to hear your thoughts by commenting below & please share the 4 tips for a healthy super bowl with others you may benefit using the social media buttons below!